Our Civil engineers team creates, improves and protects the environment in which we live. We plan, design and oversee construction and maintenance of building structures and infrastructure, such as roads, railways, airports, bridges, harbors, dams, irrigation projects, power plants, and water and sewerage systems. We also design and build tall buildings and large structures that can withstand all weather conditions.
AID Corp civil engineers fall into two types: consulting engineers and contracting engineers. Consultants are responsible for the design work of projects and contractors take the designs and implement them during construction. Contractors work on site, managing the construction of the structure.
Team will address the following themes:
- Undertaking technical and feasibility studies including site investigations
- Using a range of computer software for developing detailed designs
- Undertaking complex calculations
- Liaising with clients and a variety of professionals including architects and subcontractors
- Compiling job specs and supervising tendering procedures
- Resolving design and development problems
- Managing budgets and project resources
- Scheduling material and equipment purchases and deliveries
- Making sure the project complies with legal requirements, especially health and safety
- Assessing the sustainability and environmental impact of projects
Ensuring projects run smoothly and structures are completed within budget and on time.